Ni Hao Journal,
Tomorrow I am off to China for a Study Tour through my MBA program at Seattle University. It is actually a pretty good deal - 2 weeks in China, and credit for 2 courses. Part of the requirement of the program, in order to receive credit, is to maintain a journal. As I will be bringing my trusty macbook along, I figured I would do this journal in the form of a blog. Unfortunately, I will have to sensor this a little bit as a result... Don't worry, I will include the stories of the nights out and the various escapades but I will also be discussing the key contrasts I notice between US and China, specifically in terms of the business world.
Our schedule is pretty packed - various company visits (Google, Boeing, PMI, Lenovo, Alibaba, etc..). In addition, we have some "tourist" days - Great Wall this upcoming Monday, Beijing Opera, Peking Duck dinner, and much more. Oh - we will be traveling, too. Fly into Beijing then Hangzhou, Suzhou, and end in Shanghai.
I have never been to China before but it has long been on my list of places to visit. On this trip I hope to better understand how China fits into the Global marketplace and also compare it to my experiences elsewhere in Asia (mainly SE Asia). But, to be honest, I am most excited about the food!
Next update will be from China.
Paul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment